Friday 10 July 2015

Hunting the Best Drugstore Palettes | BarryM starry eyed





 
So this is the Starry Eyed Shadow and Blush Palette by Barry M. Usually when I think of the brand Barry M I think of nail varnish as that is usually what I purchase from them however they have recently brought out these eye shadow palettes so I thought why not try one of them. This one is limited edition and may be sold out however I have seen it in TKMaxx so there are still some out there. I purchased it because I fell I love with the purple colour in the palette and the blush was such a pretty coral colour.

So here is what the palette looks like when it is opened. The packaging is cardboard so you have to be carful not to damage it in anyway. It does have a quite large mirror which is always a good feature. It came with 2 plastic applicators. This is kinda good because I always end up loosing them however I do prefer to use my Real Techniques brushes now. I might be a little scared to travel with it just because it is cardboard and I wouldn't want to squash it by chucking it in my suitcase.
 
 
So these are the colours close up. Like I said before I really like the purple sparkly colour. There is a mix of shimmer and matte shades. However I am not sure how to use the red brick colour. The gold does look nice though and isn't too yellow like a lot of other golds I have come across.

 
Lastly I have swatched colours below, the matte shades seem a lot more pigmented then the shimmer shades and the blush wasn't very pigmented. The gold does look very nice when it was switched so I am going to have to play around with that and test it out a bit more and create some looks with it. I feel that thus palette will definitely be more of a night time palette.

 
My rating? ★★★☆☆

2 comments:

  1. This palette looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cute especially for night time looks, it's a shame I don't reach for it more often

      Delete