Tuesday 11 November 2014

Top Tip Tuesday | Stress Relief

I'm terrible with this. I find so much in life stressful especially with all the work I am having to do at college then applying for university and thinking about moving away from home it all just get's a little bit too much sometimes but that's ok because I am learning how to beat this stress and you can too so without further ado I give you my top tips for stress relief.

  1. STOP!
 
Take a minute and just breathe there is no need to get worked up over everything going on, you can handle it I promise. It's just a matter of balancing everything. So stop and breathe if you get yourself all panicky it will only make things worse. Trust me I have done this far too much.

  1. Talk to someone

If it's school or college work go and speak to the teacher it concerns after all we are all human and they will understand. At first I was too shy to go and tell my teacher that I have been overloaded with work and can't do all of it for the deadline but when I did they completely understood and helped me work out what I needed to do and for when and even said I didn't need to do some of it or extended deadlines. Or go and talk to a friend they will understand and if they are anything like my friends they will always try and help. I mentioned my friend Jess in one of my favourites posts and we have a code we use and it works and I know if anything goes wrong I can just talk to her. So surround yourself with good people plus if you are with a friend they can make you laugh which is another known way of relieving stress.

  1. Make lists your new best friend

Grab a piece of paper and write down everything you need to do. Then start from the top and focus on that item of the list and do each one at a time because if you start trying to do everything all at once it won't work and it will stress you out even more. Plus there is nothing more satisfying then crossing things off of your list. I recently helped a friend who was getting herself worked up because she said she had so much work that I just sat her down and made a to do list and she instantly felt better and said that she had less to do than she first thought.

  1. Exercise

This may not seem important especially if you have a long list of things to do but just take 10 minutes to go and have a little walk because this can be important however it is the most important thing there is you just have to look on the NHS website to see it cuts the risk or early death by 30%  and cuts the risk of major diseases such as cancer, diabetes and strokes by up to 50% (http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/stress-relief-exercise.aspX). So exercise really is important and could be great if you did it with a friend as you can walk and talk and feel so much better.

  1. Get a good nights sleep

This one I used to be terrible at but now I make sure I get the recommended amount of sleep for my age group. Also you must lower you caffeine intake as this can affect the amount you sleep.

  1. Don't procrastinate

If you put things off then more and more things will build up and then you'll be even more stressed which will not help so go start whatever you need to do and get it done because it won't get done by itself and then you can always get an early night as I've already mentioned.

  1. Drink Green Tea

I personally do not do this as I don't like the taste but this is meant to really help with stress so it may be worth a go.

  1. Listen to music

It's been proven to help relax someone if they listen to music. This has got to be one of my favourite tips as I love to listen to music and am rarely without earphones in my bag. It's great to just put them in and forget anything that's happening at that point in time.

So just remember things will get better in the end and you will get through whatever's happening. If you have any tips leave them below as I am always looking for new ways to relieve stress and I'm sure anyone else reading this will love to see anymore tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment